Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Introductions All Around

So, I just started a blog, and I guess I'm supposed to do an introductory post. I think it's a rule.

My name is Griff, and you've presumably met me, although if you haven't, that's okay too. I go to school at Oberlin College, which is not yet important to my identity (seeing as I've only been here for a week and a half now) but is really very important to this blog. It exists because I am experiencing communication shock, my impromptu name for a syndrome that affects all first-years everywhere: I am communicating just one kind of information to other first-years (classes, how I like my dorm, what I ate for breakfast) and just one kind of information to my parents, girlfriend, and assorted friends (classes, how I like my dorm, what I ate for breakfast).

This is that blog, and if you all want to know how my first year seminar went or why I was late to econ and rode there on a bike with no seat, no brakes and a flat front tire, I expect you to read it.

If this is the third or fourth post by now, don't be perplexed. I probably imported some previous emails verbatim or decided all of you have to know how I spent last Sunday or something like that.

But for now I'll begin right now, on the second day of classes, which is not as suitably momentous as the first day of classes, but will have to do.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)