Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Few Notes About Blogger

I have received questions about a few of the less intuitive functions of Blogger, so for today's update, here is a quick how-to.

Commenting:

To post a comment on any blog entry, scroll to the bottom of the entry and click the link that says "[however many, typically 0] comments." It'll take you to a page with a text field and a drop-down menu. On the menu, the easiest thing to do is select "Name/URL" and simply fill in the name field -- it doesn't care if you supply a URL. Then click "Post Comment" (not Preview, which may have been the cause of some of the trouble people have been having). That should work! If it's still not behaving, please let me know.

That's all for now, actually, although I intended to cover Following as well. If anyone is interested, leave a comment, and I'll update with instructions.

Also, after some thought, daily entries might be a bit much -- especially if you're receiving my updates via email. Instead, I'll be updating on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after Fall Break is over. During break, however, I've been informed that I don't eat if I don't blog. (I think Mom was joking. But I can't tell.) So expect one a day until Sunday, when I take off for the open, wild West!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, regarding that last comment: I just had to be first. That said: I had a great time w/ you & meeting the Keepsters, and hope that my discussions of cannibalism, the laws of the sea re: same, and effective body disposal aren't causing them to actively avoid you. Good luck with that, and remember: timely use of quicklime renders explanations unnecessary. Love, Da

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)