Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Tuesday -- Update Day!

If you having been reading my blog lately, you are probably aware that Tuesday is not update day. But I didn't update Friday, and I didn't update Monday, and I have about fifteen minutes to spare in between getting more recycling bags from the OSCA Non-Food Coordinator and heading down to the Multifaith Center to embark on a trip to the George Jones farm, so I'm updating now.

My weekend was pretty great, though very chill. On Friday night I meant to work but we ended up playing a card game of Whitman's that is mostly in French and quite pleasant (although I still maintain that it would be more fun if we were allowed to give points to other people. Also, we're OSCAns, so it should be allowed in the name of realism). Saturday, I worked in the library all morning before stopping by the Local Foods Fest. On a whim, I accompanied Kelly to a showing of Dog, a student-written and directed play about ... well, I'm not sure exactly. That's not to say it was abstract - just too subtextual to squeeze into a blurb. It was good, except it had no ending, which are probably not allowed in Oberlin plays.

After an afternoon spent working and despairing, Peter and I went to see the first-ever showcase by the Oberlin Aerialists! I can't do it justice in five minutes so expect more later.

Sunday, of course, was All Saints' Day. More about that too, but most importantly, we sang the Wild Beast hymn - you know the one. (If you were wondering, that particular martyr was St. Ignatius.)

Anyway, I best be off. To be continued in about two hours, between the farm and dinner.

1 comment:

  1. okay, you asked for comments. now i'm commenting on everything. jeez, mom! this blog is especially infuriating for curious people like your mom--so much I want to hear more about, like the farm, the local foods fest, the play, and the aerialists. and All Saints' Day. What is the wild beast hymn? oh wait, isn't that one from vacation bible school? And do you remember that you, Wil, and Aaron were all baptized on All Saints'? Very special day for those three (and about one thousand more) reasons. Could I post a picture on the blog of you in your baptismal gown made from the wedding dress of your grandmother? ok, maybe not. maybe a picture of Wil, Aaron, Emma, Lukas, Lexie, and/or Sam in it? I have got to get those pictures together and frame them in some way. Anyway, I digress. These are my ideas for new blogs. please?
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)