Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seek Ye First a Jam Session

I'm busy, but I wanted to share this with all of you:

I'm in the lounge right now, writing a rhythm story for my ExCo. I was drawn down from my room by the tendrils of a truly epic jam session. Peter, on guitar, Jackson, on keyboard, and Max, with a drumbox, are rocking out with a jazz-bluesy-alternative vibe. The music is sweet and aggressive by turns, skipping up and down the emotional spectrum, as the musicians riff off each other and respond to the music.

They just paused for a second, and Jackson said he'd been basing his melody on a favorite hymn. He sang a few bars, accompanying himself: "Alleluia ... alleluia -- allelu, alleluia." I picked the tune up and hummed it to myself. It was Seek ye First.

Yes, that's right. At Keep, we have killer impromptu jam sessions, inspired by classic and beloved hymns.

Perfect place to live? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)