Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowed In

I am doing well, as I hope all of you are. I'm enjoying the snow day and the polite silence of the four hooligans who traipsed through the kitchen about an hour ago and left their cocoa to get cold. (Oh well. It's in microwavable mugs.)

I'm missing Oberlin terribly, of course, but Harbor Street is enchanting under its mantle of snow, and even the hooligans (reminded of their cocoa) are rather charming. I haven't any updates, really. My project today is going to be a simple paper incense burner made out of book scraps from my toolbox project. Speaking of the toolbox project, here is a picture of the inlay for the first compartment:



The picture shows it in the process of being laid out, but it is now complete on a separate piece of paper. When I'm done, it will look at first glance as if I carved every page in the outline of the inlaid tools.

Wish me luck as I work on the second compartment -- it's larger, but less complicated. Maybe I'll start on it tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. "a simple paper incense burner made out of book scraps from my toolbox project. " And, I hope, a simple homemade fire extinguisher - or not . . . J. Orr

    P.S. I've just discovered why I have to enter "bipomes" or some other string of letters into a box in order to authenticate my comment:

    MARSHALL says:
    June 30, 2010 at 10:15 pm

    PillSpot.org. Canadian Health&Care.Special Internet Prices.Best quality drugs.No prescription online pharmacy. Online Pharmacy. Order drugs online…

    Buy:Valtrex.Retin-A.Arimidex.Mega Hoodia.Synthroid.Zyban.Petcam (Metacam) Oral Suspension.Lumigan.Nexium.Human Growth Hormone.Prednisolone.100% Pure Okinawan Coral Calcium.Accutane.Prevacid.Actos.Zovirax….

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)