Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank You!

I have been lucky enough to receive several care packages since the beginning of the school year. I've enjoyed them thoroughly, starting with the gasp of excitement at the mailroom and a familiar anticipation almost as delicious as the food itself. (A little more delicious, in fact, than some: the box from home containing snowboots, for example.)

I have shared them with my friends, devouring them fairly continuously until we somehow find the willpower to stash them out of sight. I have given whole plates away as gifts and then "borrowed" a few back on room visits. I've also used certain goodies as payments for haircuts and incentives for house cleanings (after eating as many as I wanted). But I have not, at least publicly, thanked any of my benefactors -- mainly Nana. So, thank you, Nana! And thank you, Mom, for racking up ridiculous USPS charges to send me essentials like a winter coat that I insisted I wouldn't need until Thanksgiving. I needed it around November 3rd.

... Anyway. My latest culinary delight, the cause of this post, has come in the form of a gorgeous Edible Arrangement from Papa and Grandma. Here is a picture of the confection from the front, for those of you who aren't familiar with them:


Beautiful, no?

Also delicious. Here is a picture of the confection from the side near my computer:


I think the picture speaks for itself. Thank you for the fruit bouquet!

Anyway, I hope all of you are enjoying the snow (or lack of it, depending on where you find yourself). Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Truly funny writing - "I've enjoyed them thoroughly, starting with the gasp of excitement at the mailroom and a familiar anticipation almost as delicious as the food itself. (A little more delicious, in fact, than some: the box from home containing snowboots, for example.)" - Mil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)