Sunday, October 23, 2011

As Promised

Photos! Now, if this were an Oberlin Blog (one's coming, I promise!) I would have to sort through them for the three or four most likely to interest people interested in Oberlin. (Many posts merit more, but of these probably not.) However, at least a few of you would probably like to see photos taken every day, so I haven't culled them. Without further ado:


This is the night we all came down to work on the Harkness flag (which never got done). A jam sprang up and the lounge was full of beautiful noise. I took individual pictures of most people but this one conveys the whole scene very well. 


This is Jake and Neva making very characteristic faces. They are pizza cooks (Neva a head cook, Jake a helper). Neva makes desserts the likes of which have never been seen. (Vegan custard!) It is because of her and Finn that Hark Pizza Night is the Pizza Night of Pizza Nights.


This is Kye. I was going to tell you it's not characteristic of him to be curled up on the floor, but it totally is. I think we had tickled him?


This is Sarah cutting her moccasins to size. We made scrap-denim moccasins together a few weeks ago; mine are cut, but not yet sewn. They're basically just DIY slippers.


from left to right, this is Cecilia, Pepper, Little Red and White Black Chicken. In the back looking cowed is Darling.


This is a single day's harvest of delicious cherry tomatoes!

Tomorrow, stay tuned for a few of Occupy Cleveland, plus more pictures from Flag Night so I can introduce you to more Harkies.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics - thanks for sharing! I guess it's now obvious from my comment, "Occupy where?", (okay, where does that comma actually belong? Mr. Webster & his assigns and I tend to disagree on such topics - his traditional-usage perspective versus my logic/readability perspective - but amicably. However . . . I digress), that I read these posts newest first, scanning them for news of Hanta-virus outbreaks or an invasion of Rove-led zombie legions. Anywhere, it was good to see that it wasn't occupy Damascus. Cheers, and best wishes to all those Harkie break-stayers who are helping to feed my child, and our love to you, Griff - Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)