Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday in California ...

 ... where I'd love to go someday. I've been feeling restless but really there's no place I'd rather be. It's just as well, since with no email from the student offering rides to the East coast, this is probably where I'm staying over break. So, here's the plan:
 - Get compost from last pre-break compost run delivered to the AJLC.
 - Prep corn bed with newspaper, cardboard, etc.; dump compost; cover with leaves.
 - Rinse and repeat for all the garden beds! Maybe not over break, though, due to the lack of compost.
 - Make pretty signage for the gardens, including a "Meet the Chickens" sign, a "Lasagna Garden" sign, a "Wild Garden" sign, and a "Permaculture" sign! More on each of those later.
 - Make a fox mask out of paper mache for Hallowe'en.
 - Feed myself. There's plenty of veggies and eggs, of course, and staples at Hark for the eating, and the kitchen will be open. Lots of cooking! Lots of eating! Lots of happiness when people come back to cook for me again.

That's all I have the energy for right now; tomorrow is a class day, not a work day, so I won't be up and moving around to guard against falling asleep. Good night, sleep tight, hope to see you at Thanksgiving if I don't come home for break!

1 comment:

  1. Great writing, as always, and it's so good to catch up with your doings this way. We'll be sending a litle care package for you - Love, Dad

    P.S. The verification word was "Rovisms" - how funny is that!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)