Monday, October 24, 2011

Introductions

A few more pictures for your viewing pleasure. I still have some in reserve, too, but I'll try to take more this week.


This is Hillary! Wow, I forgot, you don't know Hillary. She's my roommate (remember the roommate-to-be I came across while we were both wearing dandelion crowns?). She's showing Ben-the-adorable-punk-rock-vegan how to play the musical saw. Curled up on the couch is Eleanor, Kye's roommate, who sings in the choir at my church and is very quiet and responsible and also awesome. 


Chicken in a box!


This is Josh holding one of the eleven pear pies he made in his capacity as one of our four Tasty Things Makers. Eleven. Pies. Also note the true lattice crust. Josh is one of the few Harkies here over break. Maybe he'll make me tasty things?


In awe of Josh's pies. From left to right, meet Jackson, who is in New York right now occupying the streets; Hillary (face occluded); Selena, who with Eleanor has become one of Josh's baking buddies -- they usually put out something delicious and vegan while he does cream puffs or petit-fours; Aaron, a sometime chickenkeeper and one of our Head Cooks, who is known both for his delicious meals and for using every single pot in the kitchen; and Sam, one of our DLECs.

What a sentence. Anyway, I promised Occupy pictures, so here is one of us in the morning. The night I went, 51 people slept out. I think about a fifth of us were Obies.


2 comments:

  1. To quote: "The night I went, 51 people slept out. I think about a fifth of us were Obies." Occupy where? Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry - that was taken in Cleveland. But as I write this quite a few Obies are occupying Wall Street - not to mention Boston (at least one) and Cleveland again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (Comments are the best part of having a blog. No lie.)